Thursday, February 27, 2020

For the Joy

Hebrews 12:2 Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

"For the joy set before him." That's me. I'm the "joy" of Jesus. As I start this journey with Jesus I am reminded immediately that I am the reason he set out for Jerusalem for the last time. I was on his mind. His love for me is what moved him forward. It wasn't a sense of duty or obligation. He knew his purpose and his purpose was to fight the battle on my behalf. Jesus begins his journey by gathering each of us in his mind. He is going to walk a path that we cannot grasp. He is going to revisit memories of things past and things to come. It's crazy to me to think that Jesus had thoughts of me as he made his way to the cross, but he did. He had each one of us on his mind. Wrap your brain around that!

No comments:

Post a Comment