Saturday, February 29, 2020

When Mercy and Grace Combine

Isaiah 57:18-19 I have seen his ways, but I will heal him; I will guide him and restore comfort to him, creating praise on the lips of the mourners in Israel. Peace, peace, to those far and near, says the Lord. "And I will heal them."

Since I've been healing from a surgery this week, the physical healing has been a great reminder of the spiritual healing I also need during this time of Lent. I am reminded of my spiritual poverty prior to Jesus and want to seek a particular healing in a spiritual manner throughout this journey. Jesus is preparing to make his way to Jerusalem. He is going there to heal me, to heal my spiritual brokenness. His healing will restore my connection to God and give me Spiritual wealth. Part of this Spiritual wealth produces fruit of the Spirit and more specifically, peace. Peace is the by-product of a comforted, healthy soul. Jesus' journey is going to make my healing possible and completely restore my holy relationship with God. How amazing when mercy and grace combine! "Lord, in what ways am I in need of healing today? Show me my need, my brokenness, and give me the humility to specifically surrender to You, the Great Healer. Use this Lent to bring healing in my soul. So be it."

No comments:

Post a Comment