Saturday, April 4, 2020

Preparations For Me

Mark 14:12 On the first day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread, when it was customary to sacrifice the Passover lamb, Jesus' disciples asked him, "Where do you want us to go and make preparations for you to eat the Passover?"

The preparations have been made. I can't help but focus on the words, "customary to sacrifice the Passover lamb" for obvious reasons. The disciples are still not hearing the fullness of Jesus' words. He's about to show them with an object lesson in a meal they know so well, and yet, they will still miss the meaning. I don't blame them one bit. They were seeing incredible miracles. They were feeling unbelievable love and compassion. They were in the presence of God. I cannot even begin to imagine what that must have been like. And here he is, the Passover lamb, about to be sacrificed for the sin of the world. He is having one last meal with his friends. He is trying to help them understand what is about to transpire, but even Jesus struggled to teach them. During Lent, I've been trying to take more time to understand and seek those things that Jesus is trying to teach me. I've been trying to listen closely to conversations and look carefully at circumstances with Kingdom eyes. I don't want to miss the small things the Lord is trying to show me. God is not going to scream His will to me. He is going to gently guide me on the path. I have to be willing to take the steps and follow Him wherever He leads in holy faith. So my question today...What preparations is Jesus making for me this Lent?

No comments:

Post a Comment