Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Here and Now

Ephesians 3:17b-19 And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge - that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

At a time when things are quite crazy and we are forced to be alone, to sacrifice, you might say, for the sake of others, fulfillment seems elusive. This week with all of my focus on my prodigal God and the love that we share, this verse seems the most fitting for me to ponder. When I can't use the world to fill the void, the only thing I have to cling to is the One who created me. He knows me best. He knows my need. He knows my struggle. He knows my desire to be filled. He can fill me. Job comes to mind with understanding the fullness of the love of God. His circumstance was well beyond himself and his understanding, yet his willingness to follow God through the mess was unwavering. This is what I seek. I want to know this love. I want God to fill the empty space with Himself. The extravagant love of God can bring my soul a comfort and peace, so I'll not need to seek anything else. That's what I'm after...the Kingdom of Heaven here and now.

No comments:

Post a Comment