Tuesday, March 31, 2020

The Prodigal Father

Isaiah 57:18 "I have seen his ways, but I will heal him; I will guide him and restore comfort to him, creating praise on the lips of the mourners in Israel. Peace, peace, to those far and near," says the Lord. "And I will heal them."

The extravagance of Jesus in washing the disciples' feet is just the beginning of what he is about to offer them. This verse shows the true extravagance of God. He knows man has chosen to fall away from Him and yet He offers salvation. Our healing is no simple task. The justice that has to be served is as the sin was in the beginning. Paul's words in Romans 5: "For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous." Jesus' death shows his extravagant love to save me, to be sure. And even more so is His resurrection. That is ridiculous extravagance, even prodigal, one might say. 😊 The justice and grace I have are the biggest show of God's extravagance. It is the completion of my healing while I am on earth through the work of the Holy Spirit in me that shows the world the extravagance of my Father. And that healing, that sanctification, my friends, takes a lifetime. How much do I love Jesus for that work? Immeasurably. Do you love Him? Extravagantly? Mary did.

No comments:

Post a Comment