Thursday, March 26, 2020

A Fellow Human

Micah 1:4 The mountains melt beneath him and the valleys split apart, like wax before the fire, like water rushing down a slope.

Jesus is beginning the climb into Jerusalem from Jericho. He is headed up a very steep and dangerous path. I chose this verse from Micah because it reminds me of who God is. It reminds me that He is the Creator of all things. He is in charge of the entire universe and it all responds to Him with reverence and obedience. He is able to make the mountains melt and calm the raging seas. There is nothing that makes Him fearful. Jesus is on the way to Jerusalem. He knows the path he is on very well. He isn't surprised by what is coming; he's actually trying to tell his followers. When I'm climbing the steep path with him, what am I thinking about? Am I thinking about what comes at the end? Am I considering what it is Jesus will have to do when he gets to Jerusalem? He is. I need to consider this with him. I need to recognize that even though he is fully God, he is also fully man. Jesus isn't able to complete this journey because of his divinity. He is making this journey as a fellow human on earth, through the strength of his Father in Heaven. This is why He can now come alongside me in my time of need while I climb my steep mountain and provide me great peace and strength. He's been here.

No comments:

Post a Comment