Friday, March 27, 2020

Truly Suffer to Fully Live

James 5:11 As you know, we consider blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of Job's perseverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy.

The road leading up to Jericho is difficult to pass. It is known for robbers and animals. It's not easy terrain. As Jesus makes his way to Jerusalem he is trying to help his followers understand what is going to happen once they arrive in Jerusalem. All I can think at this point is that he is on his way, the road is difficult, and yet, when he gets to Jerusalem there is more severe suffering to come. I don't know that I have ever or will ever truly and completely understand the suffering of Jesus. I am invited to endure his suffering with him, but I don't know if I can fully grasp what that is. He is on a difficult path that is only going to get more difficult and painful. I don't know if I have it in me to experience his suffering. Ah, but the beauty of being a follower of Christ is the fact that He has already done it. He offers me His strength to get through it, just as the Father did for Him on His journey. I must seek Jesus and accept all He has to offer in this time of Lenten sacrifice in order to truly suffer with Him and fully live in His glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment