Saturday, March 7, 2020

By His Wounds

Isaiah 53:5 But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.

The Jericho Road is a time when Jesus is not only remembering the great moments of his ministry, but also gathering all of my ick, and your ick, to take it to the cross. Jesus is going to carry the heavy load of the sin of the world, all in the name of justice and love. I can't even carry my own ick, let alone that of someone else. My need for a Savior is obvious when I'm alone and consider what it would mean to answer for all of my mistakes. Jeepers, I know I don't even know them all, so how could I even begin. However, they are all paid for. I get to claim the finished work of Jesus. My unworthiness in my own eyes doesn't change the unconditional love I receive from my Savior. That's a lovely, life-changing truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment