Saturday, March 28, 2020

A Little Perspective

John 18:19 For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified.

Jesus' perspective of the work he will finish in Jerusalem isn't like mine. His view is from the mountaintop. This doesn't mean that it makes God's will any less painful or simplifies it in some way. No, Jesus is going to feel every hit of the whip, every pound of each nail. He isn't going to magically not feel anything because his perspective is from the victor's place. His perspective puts me directly on his mind. Every drop of blood shed reminds him of me and his love grows all the more. His compassion and mercy cannot be swayed; they only grow. The love of Jesus is a perspective I cannot fully know until I meet him face to face. What I can see now is that through his own words in scripture, I have been on his mind. He has wanted me with Him in Heaven through eternity since before I was here. He is a God of love. He is a God of hope. He is a God of compassion. He is a God of mercy. He is a God of justice and grace. Like Him there is none other. Jesus' perspective from the cross increases his mercy toward me.  My perspective from the foot of the cross humbles my soul to complete adoration for Jesus' love for me. Oh, to gain a little perspective!

No comments:

Post a Comment