Wednesday, March 11, 2020

You Are Loved

Romans 8:38-39 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

This is one of my absolute most favorite verses. The world hands me some crummy stuff at times, as it does to us all, but this verse is a great reminder of the love of God in those moments. There is nothing in all creation that can keep God from loving us. Satan tried with sin, but even that was not enough to separate us from God for eternity. Yes, there was a separation that had to happen, but once Jesus came to fulfill the law and redeem us, we now have blessed assurance that we are fully, completely, and eternally God's. There is no longer anything or anyone that can come between my Creator and me because I am in Christ Jesus. This is true for all of us. We are loved to the cross, through our redemption, and into resurrection. There is no greater love than this, and that, my friends, is what makes Christianity different from anything other "religion." The world and everything in it, including you, is powerless against God's love. Surrender to it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment