Tuesday, March 10, 2020

The Third Miracle

Matthew 14:30 But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, "Lord, save me!"

I've been there. Not walking on water, but you get my meaning. I've asked God to lead me to a particular place. I head in the direction He has called from and, suddenly, I realize I am in the midst of chaos. I lose my sense of direction, and feel as if I am completely in the wrong place. The only one I can turn to is the One who led me there. I have cried out to God, just as Peter did, and God has been faithful to pull me back to the surface. It doesn't mean I wasn't sopping wet, get my water analogy there. :-) There is always a little something that stays with you after those moments, but that's what brings us closer to our Savior. It is just the thing we need to do. Ask Jesus to call us to Him when it seems impossible, like walking on water, and then we need to go to Him when He says come. Those are moments when we can grow closer to Him through the chaos that seems to be around. We can find salvation in the hand of the Savior reaching out to us on the journey He has called us to. Peter did, and look at what He was able to do through Christ. Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment