Wednesday, March 4, 2020

It's a Head Shaker

Psalm 91:11-12 For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.

I'm thinking back to an earlier post today. In Hebrews 12:2, when Paul talks about the joy set before Jesus and he endured the cross and so on, I'm thinking once again about me being the joy of Jesus. Who is this God? What must He be that man/woman is His joy? There are so many verses in the Bible that talk about God's protection over us. He is for us time and again, even when we are not for Him. It's a head shaker. The love of God far outweighs anything we as humans could ever accomplish. It's a love that moves Him to die for the very people who want to kill Him. I don't have that in me yet, but I want that same love to radiate from me. I want to know this love from Jesus so deeply, to depend on His mercy and experience His grace so fully that my only response is gratitude, adoration, and affection for my Savior. Who wouldn't want to be loved like that?! God isn't a big overbearing know-it-all. He is a compassionate friend of man/woman. He's personal. Have you met Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment