Friday, March 6, 2020

A Focus Adjustment

Mark 10:27 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God."

What a different viewpoint! This is one of the most difficult things to relearn...unlearn...I don't know how to say it. I find it incredibly difficult to look at the world through the eyes of Jesus. I know He does not see things from my earthly perspective, nor does He do things with an earthly perspective. The disciples found themselves doing some crazy stuff: healing, walking on water, and eventually dying for the One they believed in. I am sure they would all tell us that the only way they were able to do any of this was due to the power of Jesus, either through Him personally or through the Holy Spirit. Their focus, as we often read, had to be on Jesus the entire time or they failed miserably. We have the same issue, or at least I do. When my eyes are focused on the world, I feel overpowered and defeated. I panic in the storm. As soon as I focus on Jesus, He changes my perspective and reminds me of His Kingdom and His Sovereignty.  It is His strength and power He offers me, so I can experience Heaven now. I don't need my circumstances changed, I need my focus adjusted. I fix my eyes on Jesus and all I need is available to me. I find I truly can do all things through Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment